Rules & Regulations
The following abridged but salient rules are for strict compliance:
NAUSENA BAUGH (NSB)
Presently, the Navy Children School at Nausena Baugh, facilitates Classes starting from Kindergarten to Class XII. The Nausena Baugh wing has three sub-wings - the Secondary Wing, the Primary Wing & the KG Wing.
The NCS, KG Wing at Dolphin Hill was set up as an extension of Nausena Baugh, KG Wing and it's administration is been looked after by the Head Mistress at NSB.
- The school diary is to be brought to the school every day.
- All entries in the diary from the school should be shown to the parents and entries made by the parents to be brought to the notice of the relevant school staff.
- Regular attendance to school is essential. The minimum requirement of attendance in the academic year is 90%.
- Leave is given to the students on prior application from the parents. In unavoidable circumstances, the absence would be regularized on the day of rejoining the school with a valid leave note from the parent.
- All leave applications are to be submitted on separate sheets of paper for the Class Teacher’s record, if the leave exceeds for more than one day.
- Student absent on account of illness is required to submit valid medical and fitness certificates.
- Students suffering from any sickness, especially any communicable disease, should not attend school during the period of illness even if it is during tests or exams. They must re-join only when fully recovered and submit a Fitness Certificate from a doctor.
- Absence without prior intimation for a longer period of time will result in the removal of student’s name from the roll.
- Retest will only be conducted on the basis of health grounds (on submitting the medical certificate) or if the student has represented the school in sports and has been unavailable during the period of the exam.
The school aims at inculcating discipline and imparting values to its students. On the academic front, the school follows remodeled assessment pattern given by CBSE from standards I to X. Along with the Science & Commerce streams at the Senior Secondary level, the school also offers Humanities stream.
To make teaching and learning more interesting, the school has taken the initiative of introducing a language lab to help students equip themselves to take on the outside world with confidence. Each classroom also has a 'Smart Board' to reinforce the concepts learned through visual media. A Science Park is present at the Secondary Wings, NSB to provide hands - on experience to the students. The school has a well equipped Maths Lab, Computer Lab, Science Lab and Internet facility in the Library.
Besides, we also have a trained Counsellor and Special Educator who caters to the special needs of the children. A salient feature of the school is the learning center. For Co-scholastic development of students many activities in Work experience, Sports, Music, Art and Clubs are incorporated in the curriculum.
Teachers and students are encouraged to attend workshops to enhance their skills by updating themselves with latest techniques in teaching and learning. Workshops are also conducted on a regular basis for students of IX-XII by the Career Counselling Cell of the school to enable them to take a peep into the career options available to them in future with a wider perspective.
Navy Children School, Visakhapatnam is committed to provide holistic development to its students.
The school is a co-educational school, built on a sprawling area amidst lush green tall, shady trees in a natural, pollution-free atmosphere which is an important aspect for a healthy environment in today's world. The school is a reputed institute, which focusses on being a child-centred one and also strongly believes in the overall development of each and every student.
The school is affiliated to the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) and has shown excellent results over the years. Presently, the school is functioning at two different areas, Nausena Baugh (NSB) and 104 Area - SVN Colony (104), respectively.