GUIDELINES FOR ONLINE ADMISSION FOR ACADEMIC SESSION 2021-22
- Kindly read all instructions carefully before you click on PROCEED button at the bottom of this page.
- The name of the applicant, father's name / mother's name, date of birth etc. should be spelt correctly in the form as it appears in the certificates.
- It is mandatory to fill all the fields which are marked ( * ) in red. If any field is not applicable , please write NA (Not Applicable).
- An incomplete registration form will be rejected automatically.
- After completing the form, click on 'Submit' button at the bottom of the page. You will receive an auto-generated Acknowledgement Receipt with a reference number.
- You will receive SMS also as an acknowledgement with the reference number
- No print out of the registration form is required to be taken.
- For serving personnel, a printout of blank ‘form 2A’ is required to be taken. This form 2A is to be dully filled. It has to be countersigned by the HOD/CO of the respective unit with signature & seal. The Scanned copy of the same has to be uploaded along with the application.
- Kindly specify the Category of admission briefly. The details of admission category is as follow :-
- Category-I : Children of serving Naval Personnel
- Category-II : Children of serving Army /IAF/Coast Guard Personnel, who are on deputation to Navy & Children of NCS Staff
- Category-III : * Children of retired Naval Personnel
- Category-IV : * Children of serving & retired Army, IAF and retired ICG Personnel
- Category-V : Children of Defence Civilian Personnel
- Category-VI : Others
* Children of all Ex-naval personnel given the status of Ex-servicemen will be eligible under Cat III. Personnel who do not qualify for this category will be accorded Category VI.
Procedure For Admissions
Registration of students for admission will be done at the beginning of the session for classes for which vacancies exist. Firm dates will be promulgated by the schools. Mere registration does not guarantee admission.
Admission of Nursery Students in Class LKG
There is no policy of automatic admission of Nursery students in Class LKG. All admissions in Class I shall be treated as fresh admissions and shall be dealt with as per rules in vogue.
Admission of Pre-Primary Students in Class I
There is no policy of automatic admission of pre-primary students in Class I. All admissions in Class I shall be treated as fresh admissions and shall be dealt with as per rules in vogue.
Other Conditions of Admission
- A child must be 3 year old on 31st March in the academic year in which admission is being sought for admission in Class-LKG. For subsequent classes, the eligible age would be reckoned again with reference to 31st March with a proportionate increase over 3 years. An upper age limit for admission is fixed as the minimum age limit plus two years. No child would be eligible for admission in a class if the age is more than this maximum age prescribed. The maximum age would be relaxed by two years for differently-abled children. No admission test shall be conducted for admission to Class LKG.
- A child must be 5 year old on 31 March in the academic year in which admission is being sought for admission in Class-I. For subsequent classes, the eligible age would be reckoned again with reference to 31 March with a proportionate increase over 5 years. An upper age limit for admission is fixed as the minimum age limit plus two years. No child would be eligible for admission in a class if the age is more than this maximum age prescribed. The maximum age would be relaxed by two years for differently-abled children.
- No admission test shall be conducted for admission to Class LKG. All applications received would be divided into the categories as mentioned at Para 2 above. Each category would then be taken up for admission in order of priority i.e. Category-I first, Category-II next and so on until all the vacancies are filled.
- Category-I children shall not be denied admission in any class. Category-I students transferred during the academic year from other Navy Children Schools would be granted admission based on their TC.
- Original birth certificate should be produced at the time of admission.
- All admissions will be subject to the approval of the SMC and subject to availability of seats, suitability of students and verification of relevant documents.
Method of Admissions in Class XI:
Admissions in different Streams viz. Science, Commerce, Humanities of Class XI in NCSs for NCS students who have passed Class X will be regulated as follows:-
- The merit list will be drawn/prepared as per CGPA obtained by applicant in CBSE/Class X results in every School.
- The Seats will be allotted as per the rank in the merit list prepared as at (a) above vis-a-vis number of vacancies available in a particular stream in the School and as per the option of stream opted by the student.
- In case of two or more candidates obtaining equal CGPA, the inter-se merit of such candidates may be determined as follows:
• Candidates obtaining higher grade points in Maths will get precedence in admission.
• If two or more candidates have got the same grade points in Maths, then the candidates securing higher grades in Maths and Science taken together will get precedence over the others.
• In case of a tie between two or more candidates obtaining same grade points in Maths and Science taken together, the student older in age as per the DOB will be given precedence over the other.
• There are Three streams available at NCS, Vizag during the academic year 2018-19 as mentioned below. Class XI admission will be purely on MERIT.